Parchment & Glassine Paper
Parchment paper - greaseproof wrapping and interleaving paper for food, natural white, wet strength
- Cellulose paper
- permanently wet-strength and greaseproof
- Cellulose fibres are heavily shredded and then processed into paper
- For parchmentisation, the surface is then treated with sulphuric acid.
- This creates a permanent closure of the surface
- 100 % greaseproof
Thanks to its properties, parchment paper is ideal for contact with wet or moist foods.
Glassine paper (known as cream liner paper) - greaseproof, satin (glossy) interleaving and wrapping paper for baked goods and chocolates, white.
- Manufactured from finely ground cellulose, mainly spruce wood.
- During production, paraffin is added and the paper is mechanically smoothed
- The paper runs in the calender (French roll) over several polished, heated & superimposed rollers -> the result is highly calendered paper
- Pergymin is made of wood and does not require sulphuric acid treatment -> 100% recyclable & disposal with waste paper
Glassine paper combines the positive properties of paper, with the absorbency and breathability of plastic film, which is greaseproof and odourless.